Chambers enjoys an unrivalled reputation for its expertise in this important area.
Our barristers have a vast amount of experience both prosecuting and defending such proceedings, for example:
- R v Sykes – The cheney pension fraud.
- R v Briggs – Price (in the Crown Court, Court of Appeal and the House of Lords).
- Operation Stockade – Multi-million pound confiscation order quashed when conviction quashed in the Court of Appeal.
Members have lectured and written widely in this area. Our experience includes expertise in the following areas:
- Criminal lifestyle
- Determining criminal benefit
- Assessment of recoverable amounts
- Enforcement proceedings
- Management receivership proceedings
- Enforcement receivership proceedings
- The determination of competing claims to property pursuant to the making of a confiscation order
- Identifying issues of double accounting
- Access to specialist forensic accountants when defending confiscation proceedings