Molly has a busy practice defending and prosecuting in the Crown, Magistrates’ and Youth Courts. She has experience in a broad range of criminal matters including offences relating to violence (including domestic violence), robbery, theft, fraud, drugs and road traffic matters. Molly has particular skill representing vulnerable defendants.
Prior to joining 2 Bedford Row in September 2019, Molly worked as a Case Manager for the Health and Care Professions Council. She presented hearings before the Fitness to Practise tribunal and prepared cases for Final Hearing. She also worked for the Nursing and Midwifery Council and was a Director of the Vocalise Programme which teaches debating in prisons around London.
Molly has a busy practice defending in the Crown, Magistrates’ and Youth Courts.
She has experience in a broad range of criminal matters including offences relating to violence (including domestic violence), robbery, theft, drug offences and road traffic matters. Molly has particular skill representing vulnerable defendants.
Recent cases include:
- R v X: 16-year-old defendant acquitted of PWITS Class A on the basis of a s45 Modern Slavery defence.
- R v MB: Successful submission of no case to answer on threats to kill and acquittal on two charges of assault and one charge of criminal damage.
- R v DB: Conditional discharge imposed for defendant who pleaded guilty to possession of ammunition without a firearm certificate.
- R v KS and HB: Acquittal on all three charges representing two defendants – two charges of assault on an emergency worker and one charge of obstructing a police officer. Trial included evidence of three police witnesses.
- R v JG: Fine imposed for defendant charged with a serious assault on a taxi driver.
- R v RH: D acquitted in domestic violence trial of assault against her mother
- R v RR: D sentenced to a community order with a mental health treatment requirement despite his 12 previous convictions for similar public order offences
- R v HG: Crown offered no evidence in relation to three charges of assault, D acquitted after trial of a fourth charge
- R v HS: Secured acquittal after trial in assault trial. Successfully argued against the imposition of a non-conviction restraining order.
Molly regularly prosecutes in the Magistrates Court and Youth Court on behalf of the CPS. Molly also accepts instruction to prosecute in the Crown Court.
Molly also appears on behalf of the national probation service.
Molly accepts instructions to conduct appeals on behalf of defendants wishing to challenge their conviction in the Magistrates’ Court or the sentence imposed. Molly is able to provide written advice on appeal.
Recent cases include:
- R v F: Appeal against sentence in an assault emergency worker case: appeal allowed and sentence reduced from 12 weeks imprisonment to 6 weeks resulting in the defendant’s immediate release
Molly has extensive experience representing clients charged with a range of driving offences, including offences relating to driving whilst under the influence of drink/drugs..
Recent cases include:
- R v LG: Secured acquittal after trial for a client charged with being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.
- R v FF: Successfully argued exceptional hardship on behalf of a nurse travelling frequently for work who was a single-parent to four children.
- R v FD: Fine imposed in lieu of a community order for a charge of failing to provide a specimen. Successfully persuaded the prosecution to drop an associated charge in relation to intoxicated behaviour.
- CPS Advocate Level 1
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Women in Criminal Law
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum
- Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
Scholarships / Awards
- Ann Goddard Scholarship, Gray’s Inn
- Treasurer’s Award, Gray’s Inn
- Wilfred Watson Award, Gray’s Inn
- Residential Scholarship, Gray’s Inn
- Vocalise Internship Award, Gray’s Inn
- Advocacy Scholarship, BPP Law School
- Duke Corporate Education Award, BPP Law School
- Cohen Scholarship, BPP Law School
- Excellence Award, BPP Law School
- Graduate Scholarship, University of Oxford
- Bar Professional Training Course, BPP Law School
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- Master of Studies (MSt), English, University of Oxford
- BA Hons English, University of London, First Class Degree